As you know, I started graduate school last fall. I’m obtaining my degree in marketing…fun, I know! Well, I am pregnant and school has gotten 10 times harder! I’m not sure if it’s the actual work or the adjustments I have to make. Whichever it is, it’s still a major struggle.
In addition to going to school full time, I also work full time. So, I’m growing a baby ( a very active one I might add), going to school full time, and working full time…where do I find the time to breathe??
There is a trick to this madness and it’s called time management! Monday-Friday I go to work and do homework. I may dabble in fun activities with my friends on the weekend, but for the most part I’m doing my homework and relaxing.
Here are some tips to not drive yourself crazy while living life and growing a healthy baby!
- Prioritize: Whatever is most important, you should do that first. Of course, work comes first. However, if you can get up earlier to do some reading for class, try to do so. This way, when you get home, you can relax a little.
- Don’t procrastinate: I still struggle with this at times, but waiting until the last minute is not a good idea. Waiting until the last minute will create stress and stress for the baby is a no go. So, planning ahead is your best bet.
- It’s okay to say no: If you’re too tired to go out, it’s okay to say you’ll pass this time.
- Find ways to relax: Working a full time job, attending school full time, and adjusting to life as a pregnant person is a lot to deal with. It can be very overwhelming at times and that can lead to an anxiety attack. Try to do things that help you to relax and you can schedule this time if you need to. Calming both your mind and body is very important.
- Develop a routine: Having a routine is highly important. It helps to ensure things are getting accomplished and elevates some of the unwanted stress.
Those are just some quick tips to reference and I hope it helps! Of course, things take time and everyday brings a different challenge. However, if you have a positive mind and a determination to succeed, everything will work out the way that it should.
Until next time xoxo
Like ❤️ Comment ❤️ Share